Monday, September 21, 2009

The Wedding Guru

9+ months of planning my own wedding and several years of observing other's nuptial arrangements have given me quite the arsenal when it comes to wedding info. While talking with my good friend Ali last night, I realized that I have a lot of useful information to share with brides (and some grooms). My first post about wedding etiquette is going to be followed up with some additional points, and yes, they are about RSVPs. In addition to observing who is actually invited on your invitation, one should also take notice of when the RSVP should be returned. No matter what the date says, your RSVP should be returned ASAP! I mean, we already put the stamp on it, is it that hard to look at the calendar, write your name, check a box, and put it in the mail? No, it's really not. Further, the date that the RSVP is quested by should be kept in mind. The bride and groom need to know as soon as you can because of money and numbers for all events. Really, unless you run into troubles taking days off of work or other events might interfere, there's no reason to postpone sending your RSVP. I would also say that even if the bride and groom know whether or not you're coming, you should still send the RSVP. Bryan and I have invited almost 300 people to our wedding, do you think that we can keep track of a conversation we had 8 months ago when you told us you could attend? Nope, sorry, my brain is too full of other details to remember that conversation. Soon Bryan and I will have to start calling guests demanding to be given an answer, and who has time for that when I'm trying to do everything else wedding? It would truly be easier on all parties if the RSVP was simply mailed on time.

On a completely different note, my good friend Sam Oches has a blog, mylifehasasoundtrack1.blogspot.com. He has great taste in music and posts a lot of his finds through his blog. I highly encourage you to take a listen and a bit of time to read his insights. Also, I want to add music and some better pictures/graphics to this blog so hopefully those changes will happen soon! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout-out :) Keep rockin' the blog girl!

    ReplyDelete