Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sacrifice

Lately I have been thinking about sacrifice and how it is the ultimate expression of love. In church on Sunday the pastor was talking about the sacrifice God gave us in giving up his son. He encouraged us to think of the verse John 3:16 from the Father's perspective, how difficult would it be to give up your only child? I cannot imagine the amount of love and hurt that God held in his heart that day. Thinking of this sacrifice made me think about my parents and all they've sacrificed for me throughout my life, I'm sure many that I don't even know about. I'm so blessed to have such loving parents! Their sacrificing continues throughout the wedding process and now Bryan and I both feel the affects their love and blessings. It's so amazing to know that my parents love me this much, but Christ loves me even more! I was having a conversation with my friend's Dad last night, he was asking about my new job. His reaction was like most people when I tell them that Bryan and I have to live apart for 7 weeks, "What?! That's no good at all!" But I see it as a sacrifice we are both making because we know that this is the direction that the Lord is taking us. If Amica, RI, and 7 weeks apart is what the Lord asks of us, then it's really not much of a sacrifice at all because it will end up being the best decision we could make. Sacrifice doesn't seem so difficult or overwhelming when it comes to love and Christ, it seems more like the right thing to do; the sacrifice cannot compare to God's giving up his own son and my sacrifice is but a spec in time. Life feels more complete when love and sacrifice are part of the picture, whether it is sacrificing time, money, or energy it always is more meaningful when you're giving it to someone else.

On a lighter note...My hair dresser came on Sunday and we did my practice hair for the wedding. It's awesome! I haven't put the pictures on my computer yet, but as soon as I do I will post a pic! Only 32 days! I cannot believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment