Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Weddings = Work

While I have enjoyed the wedding process, I am ready for the big day to be here. If you know me at all you know that I love planning and organization, but I am tired and I don't want to make another phone call or leave another message hoping that a vendor will call me back quickly. I'm ready to see everything that we've planned come together in the big event and celebrate with my friends and family all day long. I really want to have my wedding dress, it's been at the seamstress's basically since I picked it up from the bridal salon. And mostly I'm ready to be married to Bryan. Having only 11 days separating us from living in the same house, it is really annoying to have to drive 20 minutes to see him. And all we do is plan. Plan, plan, plan. If we're not trying to figure out seating arrangements, then we're writing down how we want the ceremony to go or a list of "must-do's." I'm just tired, I'm ready to relax and take a nap without waking up in a panic because I can't remember if I called the florist or not. I think Bryan is probably ready for me to stop making him care about the wedding and reception. Truthfully he's been great! He's been super supportive, very relaxed and calm, and encouraging when I feel like nothing is going right. The planning process has definitely reassured me that Bryan's the man I'm supposed to marry, which is a really good feeling. Also I am ready to go on the honeymoon. I just want to lay by the pool in Mexico and know there's no deadline and no one to call and nothing on my schedule but relaxing. That will be great. It will be here very soon, I know, but until then it's onward with the schedule and many meetings, deadlines, calls, and arrangements are to be made. I'm tired, early bed times are also a must while you're planning a wedding :)

No comments:

Post a Comment