Wednesday, October 28, 2009

To Continue...

So I left off after the whirlwind of the ceremony. Oh man, I was so happy! It was amazing being introduced as Mrs. Pietch. We came back to dismiss everyone from the church. Hugging all our family was definitely the most emotional, I cried a lot. All very happy tears of course! It was so great to see all our friends and family. They were all so excited for us! It was incredible! A few friends made me tear up, too. I remember that my train was stepped on by kids running around, haha. But I just was so impressed with how many people love us! It was fantastic. After the ceremony and we dismissed everyone, we got to run through a tunnel of bubbles, haha! I made Bryan run because I thought it would be fun to run in my big huge dress, so we did! The ceremony went really quickly and there was a ton of time before the reception, which was great because we finished pictures in plenty of time to get to the reception right on time! It was funny to get there when our guests were showing up, I guess we made an error on the directions so some people got lost. So sorry about that....I feel really badly that people couldn't find it. Oh well, most people were there! When we got to the reception it was time to bustle my dress and get ready to be announced! It was so fun to go out as he said "Mr. and Mrs. Bryan and Amy Pietch!" YAY! We went right into toasts, which were lovely. I know Bryan really liked his speach from Jeremy and I loved my speach from Kirsten, she is such a good friend!! Then I said a quick thank you (which was fun, I was really glad that I was able to speak at my wedding) and then Bryan prayed for our meal. We got to sit at a table w/Jeremy and his family, Kirsten and Eric, and Abbie and Kyle. It was really fun to be with everyone! I was glad that we did not do a traditional head table, we did two round tables instead. I really enjoyed it. I thought that it made it much more enjoyable to eat dinner and be able to talk with everyone. The food was awesome and there was a chocolate fountain which was delicious! Once I finished dinner I talked to my friends and family, lots of people came up to our table and said congrats and complimented our ceremony and reception. Bryan made a beautiful slide show of us growing up and then pictures of us together when we were dating and engaged. Everyone really loved it, especially our parents I think. Before I knew it, it was time for my first dance with Bryan. We talked the whole dance, mostly about how weird it was to be married for real. Also, we said how it didn't feel any different yet. I asked "When do you think it will feel different than when we were engaged?" I don't think it felt much different until we were at our resort on the honeymoon, but anyway. It was a great dance, I liked having some time alone with Bryan because the whole day really involves so many people.Then I danced with my dad, we did a traditional waltz, it was really fun! I think people were impressed, I know my dad was very happy to be able to dance with me. He later said it was one of the highlights of his life, what a great dad! The rest of the reception was filled with dancing and laughing, having fun with Bryan and family and friends. I loved it! I thought it was the most amazing reception ever. Of course, I am biased. Bryan really enjoyed it too. It was so fun to have so many friends and family with us, dancing and eating and having tons of fun! We all know that I love to dance, but by the end of the night my feet were definitely hurting. Six o'clock rolled around and I was ready to get out of my heavy dress and hurting shoes. Bryan and I just went back to our apartment for the night, we decided that would be a lot easier and more comfortable than spending the night in the hotel. It worked out really well, I was exhausted. I don't think I could have handled going to a hotel, I wanted somewhere that felt like home. And our apartment did feel like home because Bryan was there. Awww how mushy gushy, but it's true! The wedding was AMAZING I couldn't have asked for anything more! It was perfect and incredible and everything I ever imagined. It's weird that it's over and that I go to sleep every night in our apartment, and I come home to Bryan after work. Marriage is definitely an adjustment, a very good one, but it's weird too. It's been hard moving out of my parents house for good and knowing that my new home is wherever Bryan lives. It's also weird because in just a few months I will be moving to Rhode Island which makes the real world feel really close. Ugh I'm so grown up and it's crazy! So anyway, the rest of my posts will probably revolve around new married life and how I'm learning and making mistakes. Hopefully they're funny and we all laugh.

In other news, I was hit on today while paying for gasoline for my car. He said "how you doin'?" not to be prejudice, but he was black and said it exactly the way you are imagining him saying it. So I said "Good thanks, yourself?" He said, "Good, can I call you sometime?" and I said, "Nah, sorry. I'm married." Him, "Oh oh sorry" and he quickly fled the store. The Clerk at the register appologized for his friends behavior and said "so is it true?" and I was able to say "Yes, no more dating for me. and also it makes for a really good excuse when being hit on" Ah, nothing like being hit on when you're greasy and gross and sleepy. It makes me smile that I still have my good looks even though I am an old married lady :)

No comments:

Post a Comment