Wednesday, May 11, 2011

M*ch*g@n

So here we are, living in the belly of the beast, blue and maze everywhere we look.  As much as it's weired being in Ann Arbor and feeling that I should loathe everything in sight, I really like the city so far.  It feels good to be back in Michigan, nostalgic in a way...even though I've never actually lived in Ann Arbor, it still feels like coming home.  I've been able to reconnect with my long time friend, Meghan, and it's been great to have someone to call and hang out with.  We've been house hunting and we're pretty confident that we'll find something to call our own.  We're going out again the next two days to check out neighborhoods and some other homes.  We're praying for guidance and patience with the whole process. After our first time out we both felt overwhelmed coming home, neither of us talked for about 30 minutes, we just sat in silence, ha! But, now that we've had a few days to recover we're glad to hit the trail again.  I'll keep you updated on the hunt.
The other part of moving is that you realize that no matter where you go, you'll always miss parts of where you've been. I already miss Market Square and all the food and dessert it had to offer. I'm sure we'll find places here in A2, but I miss all the southern comfort that came from those Knoxville favorites.  In the office, too, you notice changes and wonder what type of person you would rather work with.  For instance, would you rather have a very competent worker who can handle a lot of work and you feel confident in, BUT they can be bossy and do not necessarily listen to what management asks of them -OR- have someone who is good at their position, but only to a certain extent, however, they ALWAYS listen to management, and NEVER question any decisions they make? Clearly you could debate back and forth all day, but it's just one example of changing offices and realizing that no matter where you end up you will have to work with different types of people in different ways.  I do miss Knoxville, but I am more excited about what Ann Arbor has for us.  Hopefully, my time here in A2 will be just as great as our time in Knoxville - maybe even better.  So I will hold my head high, wear scarlet and gray whenever I get the chance, deal with the mocking block M's around the city, and learn to be a Michigander.  Here's to you A2, my new adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment