Sunday, October 28, 2012

Week One in Minneapolis = Crazy

So we have been here a total of 9 days and so much has happened, here's an update from my post last week....

House Hunting:
As you know we saw many houses last weekend, like 20! So this week we went back to our favorites to try and narrow down the field. We finally decided on one and put in an offer on Thursday about 3:00 pm. About 3:45pm I get a call from Bryan who tells me that the owners have countered our offer with 2 things, they wanted to keep some curtains and they wanted $3,000 more than we had offered on the house....So clearly we accepted! The acceptance was official on Friday! The current owners are actually moving in 2 weeks and so we close in just 3 weeks, if all goes well we will be in the house before Thanksgiving! We have the inspection tomorrow so hopefully there are no major issues with the house. If everything goes well, we will have a house here! YAY! Below you will find a link to the house so you can see the listing pictures :)

http://www.cbburnet.com/property/details/1912667/MLS-4188096/3228-Hampshire-Avenue-S-St-Louis-Park-MN-55426.aspx?SearchID=4192291&RowNum=6&StateID=29&RegionID=0&IsRegularPS=True&IsSold=False

Work:
I started work this week and everything went really well! I think that I will like the office and everyone I am working with. I also think that I can bring a lot to the office and hopefully help everyone be successful. I'm still getting to know everyone (obviously) but I think that we will get along well. The thing that I really like about the physical location of the office is that there is a gym right in my building! I can go down at lunch and walk or do yoga and then go right downstairs and run after work! It's so convenient and then I don't hit much of rush hour either, wins on both sides!

Saphira:
Saphira has actually been doing really well. She goes from sleeping
To getting into something she shouldn't....
But overall she has been doing really well for being in an apartment. I know it will be a lot easier once we are in a house, which is part of the reason why we are so excited to move into a house so quickly!
 
Half Marathon!
So I had been training for a half in Columbus, but in interfered with the move so I found another half to run here in Minneapolis! I actually got to run through St. Paul so that was neat to see the other of the twin cities and I got to check a half marathon off my list! WOOHOO! It was definitely hard and my legs are really achy today, but I am pretty pleased with myself for finishing. Here are a few pics of the race!



 
We also found a spot to get GF pizza! So that was exciting as well. Tonight we are meeting up with Marshall to try a new restaurant so we will have to let you know how that is. So far we've been pleased with the food scene here! In the coming weeks we will be focusing on getting Bryan a job, finding a vet for Saphira, finding me a chiropractor, and, most importantly, finding a church. Now that we know where we will be living (or we're pretty sure as long as the house isn't falling apart or something) it should be a little easier to get the rest of these things in place. Keep praying for Bryan's job and getting into nursing school. Bryan is thinking that he will wait until summer/fall semester to start classes since he wants to establish himself in a job before asking for a specific schedule around school. So hopefully he can find a job soon!
So far so good Minneapolis - can't wait to see what's in store next!



1 comment:

  1. YAY Minnesota! We used an awesome vet in Hopkins. I'll try to find the name of the vet place, I clearly remember the vet's first name, Barbara, because I loved her.
    LOVE your short hair, LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete