Monday, September 24, 2012

Moving



So as most of you have heard, we were asked to move to Minneapolis, MN a couple weeks ago. We decided that it was the right thing for us and decided to take my company up on their offer. Since then it has been a whirlwind of finishing up house projects, painting, cleaning, organizing, and of course doing all our normal things like take care of the dog, work, and go to school. I am thankful, in a way, to be so busy because it really limits my time spent on worrying about moving and being sad to leave A2 and Michigan.
When we were offered the move I had mixed emotions. I love our house and our life in Ann Arbor. I love being close to the majority of my family. We have a great church and a great community group we are a part of. There are so many positives of Ann Arbor and our life here. But, when thinking about the move the thing that kept coming to mind was that God often challenges us with things that we do not want to do, but are going to be the best things for us. When I took this job and moved to Rhode Island it was the last thing I wanted to do. I remember praying that God would give me any other job than the one offered to me, but the more I prayed the more I realized that God was calling me to this particular job. The same thing happened with this offer, the more I prayed about it the more I realized that it's what God wanted for our lives.
Even though I know that God has a plan and that the best thing for us is to move to Minneapolis, it doesn't make the move easy. Not only is it hard to move away from everything we love here in The Mitten, but it's so stressful to move period. We have been busting our butts getting the house ready and I just feel exhausted. Thankfully, after today, most of the hard work will be done. We will just need to keep the house tidy but all the projects should be done.
So, on October 16the the movers come to pack us up and we could be driving as early as the 17th. Until then we are praying for a quick sale of the house and that the Lord would prepare a place for us in Minneapolis. We will start the house hunt as soon as we get there and we are hoping to find our home very quickly. Bryan is finishing up his CNA class this week and will be taking his test as soon as possible so that he can transfer his certification up to MN and get a job as soon as we get there.
We know that the Lord will provide for us in our new city and get us through the last couple weeks in Ann Arbor. More updates in the weeks to come!

1 comment:

  1. So sad you are leaving so soon! However, we loved every minute we got to spend with you and hope the next stop is full of adventure!

    ReplyDelete